Brush your teeth prior to placing your trays. Clean teeth whiten better!
The trays need to be completely dry in order for the gel to stick easily to the trays.
How to dispense the product:
- Depending on your dexterity, you can either put a little dab or a continuous line of gel along the inside front surface of the trays.
- Once you place your trays in your mouth, wipe off any excess gel to avoid gum irritation.
If you have never whitened, you should wear your trays for one hour. If you have no sensitivity, you can slowly increase the time and wear them for UP TO 8-10 hours. You should whiten every other day until you have reached your desired level of whiteness (about two weeks).
All patients are different and some may or may not experience sensitivity. Since we do not know how you are going to react, it is best to ease into whitening rather than start with the maximum amount of time. We want you to enjoy your whitening experience!
When you remove your trays, rinse vigorously and use a soft tooth brush to remove the remaining gel.
If extreme sensitivity occurs, discontinue use and please contact us. You can decrease your chances of developing sensitivity by using toothpaste such as Sensodyne.
Facts About Our Product
- Pregnant women should not whiten their teeth.
- Keep gel out of heat/sunlight. Do not freeze.
- Crowns and filings do not whiten.
- Foods and juices high in acid may cause or increase sensitivity.
- Do not to use tobacco products or eat while whitening.
- Teeth are naturally darker along the gum line. These areas may require more time to lighten than the rest of the tooth surface and usually remain slightly darker.
- Some patients have noticed temporary discomfort of the gums, lips, throat or tongue. Should any of these symptoms persist more than two days or progressively worsen, call your dentist. These side effects will usually subside within 1-3 days after treatment is discontinued.
- Coffee, tobacco, and other products can re-stain your teeth overtime. Should this occur, the teeth could be re-whitened within a few nights.
- Regular dental checkups and cleanings are important before and after whitening to maintain a healthy smile.
- Some old amalgam or “silver” fillings may leave a dark purple color in your whitening tray. This is normal.
- Keep whitening gel out of reach of small children.
- Do not swallow gel or rinses. Product contains peroxide and may contain fluoride. Swallowing large amounts can be harmful.
- Lastly, the PF (Potassium Fluoride) formula strengthens enamel, decreases sensitivity and prevents caries/cavities over time.