A cleaning is just a cleaning, right? Wrong. Beyond the poking, flossing, polishing and finessing is years of education, practice and knowledge. So when it comes to having your teeth professionally cleaned, put your trust in a team that goes beyond the basic cleaning and provides comprehensive, five-star and unparalleled dental care. Here’s what makes our team of hy-geniuses different, and why we feel they are best suited to be your smile partners!
- Our hygiene department is always striving to elevate the experience of the dental appointment. Our hygiene department is always striving to elevate the dental experience. As most of our new patients establish with a hygiene visit, we understand the importance of addressing not only a patient’s chief complaint or goal – “My gums bleed when I floss” or “I’d like straighter teeth” – but also going the extra mile to ensure their comfort and feeling of safety. Each and every patient is valued, and we are constantly looking for ways to convey how much they mean to us and how much we care about their comfort. An amenities menu complete with lip balm, pillows, massage chairs and blankets? Check! Only providing the newest technology for the most reliable and comfortable care? Check!
- Our hygiene department is highly educated across the board. Along with the biannual continuing education credits required to maintain their licenses, many of our clinicians hold higher degrees or are in the pursuit of higher educational accolades. Along with individual pursuits, the team meets regularly to share the knowledge they have acquired and discuss new methodologies and technologies they are interested in implementing into the practice, all for the benefit of our family of patients.
- We understand that “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” and work together with our patients to help them keep their teeth for a lifetime! We use the most modern diagnostic equipment to evaluate, monitor, and educate our patients about their oral health, and each patient has a tailored treatment plan designed specifically for them to address and manage their individual needs. So each visit with our hygiene department is way more than just a “cleaning,” it’s a way for our team to help each patient achieve their goals and smile their happiest and healthiest smile possible, now and in the future.
- We offer complete and comprehensive care, saving the patient time and money! Our new patient welcome visit includes not only a cleaning, but also a complete series of X-rays, a 3D wellness exam, oral cancer screening, medical history review, goal review and treatment plan. This helps us not to only get a complete picture of each patient’s current oral health, but also allows us to work together to learn more about the patient’s dental past and where he/she hopes to get in the future. There is so much more to a cleaning than meets the eye, and our complete diagnostic tools help to shine light on what is going right in the patient’s mouth, as well as what could be improved upon. Using several different methods for assessing oral health allows the team to establish a baseline that is helpful for tracking changes in the future and better treating issues when they are small and more manageable. Once these diagnostics are collected, the doctor and hygienist team work together to develop a comprehensive treatment plan to fully address the patient’s needs, setting them up for continued health and success.
- Our hygiene department is always striving to do better! The team has a collective goal to practice at the forefront of the industry and is continuously researching the best and most effective methods for periodontal disease management, which most dental patients suffer from. Aside from the traditional methods of non-surgical periodontal therapy, the team has implemented and has had great success with adjunctive aids such as Perio Protect trays, which help to treat the disease at a manageable level. Although the disease can never be “cured,” patients have enjoyed dormancy with the disease while using their trays. The team is always working to offer patients the newest and best treatment options that not only help to elevate their oral health now, but also to help them avoid costly and uncomfortable procedures in the future.
If you feel like you’re cleanings have been lacking, or that your smile isn’t up to snuff, we welcome you to experience the Spodak difference. Make an appointment today and begin smiling your best and healthiest smile possible tomorrow!